- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)43
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)6
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)31
- Tanker truck catches fire near Oak Ridge (04/24/16)7
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
Chaffee dumps St. Pius 24-20
The game started late because of inclement weather, but the Chaffee football team won its home opener Friday night, beating Festus St. Pius 24-20.
Chaffee opened a 12-8 lead at halftime then scored 12 in the third quarter.
The Red Devils improved to 2-2 this season.
Farmington 55, Central 12
The game was delayed for about 2 1/2 hours during the first half because of inclement weather. When action resumed, it was all Black Knights.
Farmington opened a 42-6 lead at halftime, and the teams rested for about five minutes before returning to action.
The Black Knights led 48-6 entering the third quarter.
The loss dropped the Tigers to 0-4 this season.
Scott City at Fredericktown, ppd.
The Rams will face the Blackcats at 1 p.m. today in Fredericktown.
SOFTBALL Oran 5, Saxony Lutheran 0
Claire Seyer was one measly walk away from a perfect game.
Seyer finished with a no-hitter to lead the Eagles past the Crusaders. She struck out six to improve to 4-2.
Seyer helped herself with two RBIs. Kirstie Mangels and Taylor Irwin both went 2-for-3.
Nicole McLard took the loss for Saxony.
WP -- Claire Seyer. LP -- Nicole McLard. 2B -- Taylor Irwin (O), Seyer (O), Kirstie Mangels (O). Multiple hits -- Oran: Irwin 2-3, Mangels 2-3. Records -- Oran 8-3.
-- From staff reports