- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)48
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says copsí good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
Barbara Jo Venable Towns, 62, of Golconda, Ill., formerly of Scott City, died Friday, Sept. 19, 2008, at her home.
She was born Jan. 6, 1946, at Redbud, Ill., daughter of George Earl and JoeMac Katherine Bollinger Venable. She and Ronnie Martin were married Oct. 12, 1998, at Golconda.
Survivors include her husband; a son, Ray Simpkins of Scott City; three daughters, Toy Lynn and Crissy Volle of Golconda, Kay Atkinson of Harrisburg, Ill.; a brother, Don Venable of Scott City; a sister, Kathryn Buchanan of Golconda; eight grandchildren; and five great-grandchildren.
She was preceded in death by a brother.
Friends may call from 5 to 8 p.m. today at Amick-Burnett Funeral Chapel in Scott City.
The funeral will be at 2 p.m. Sunday in the chapel, with the Rev. Bob Herring officiating. Burial will be in Cape County Memorial Park in Cape Girardeau.