- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)41
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)3
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
Spots still available for Arts Council bus trip
A few seats remain empty on the charter bus to the Missouri Botanical Gardens in St. Louis. The Southeast Missouri Arts Council has chartered the bus to take people to view the Niki de Saint Phalle exhibit of 40 pop sculptures. The trip also includes a 30-minute tram ride through the Garden and lunch in the Delmar Loop. Bus leaves from Sam's Club parking lot at 7:15 a.m. Saturday and return home around 6:30 p.m. Cost for the trip, minus lunch, is $59 for arts council members and $69 for non-members. Call 334-9233 to sign up.
'Nutcracker' ballet auditions next week
Auditions for children's roles in Moscow Ballet's "Great Russian Nutcracker" will be at 6:30 p.m. Tuesday and 4 p.m. Wednesday for ages 12 and older (roles cast will be variations, butterflies and angels) at Dance Extensions, 1820 Old Toll Road in Jackson. The local coordinator is Jackie Robertson, 243-1176. Anna Tyutyunnik will conduct the auditions and select the children.
Community theater schedules audition
The River City Players group announced a second weekend of cold readings for its next play, "State of the Union," a political comedy directed by Rich Behring. The play needs 11 male and 6 female roles. Auditions will be from 2 to 4 p.m. Sunday and 6 to 8 p.m. Monday at Port Cape. "State of the Union" will be Nov. 7, 8, 13, 14, 15.
Lily Tomlin in Poplar Bluff for benefit
POPLAR BLUFF, Mo. — Lily Tomlin will perform at the Rodgers Theatre in Poplar Bluff. Her one-night, one-woman show Friday will raise money for the Claudia Foundation Scholarship programs and help restore the Rodgers Theatre. The show starts at 7 p.m. Tickets are $20, $35 and $100, and are available at various businesses and by calling 573-686-3040 or 573-429-8638 or at www.claudiafoundation.org.
— From staff reports