- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)7
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)38
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Man accused of pointing BB gun at Chaffee resident (04/26/16)2
LICK CREEK, Ill. -- Leona Boyd, 98, of Lick Creek died Monday, Sept. 13, 2004, at Jonesboro Healthcare Center in Jonesboro, Ill.
She was born Oct. 31, 1905, in Buncombe, Ill., daughter of Willie and Ethel Manus Treece. She and Bon C. Boyd were married Feb. 3, 1926, at Lick Creek. He died Oct. 22, 1990.
Boyd was a member of New Hope Baptist Church in Anna, Ill.
Survivors include a son, Jerry Boyd of Anna; a daughter, Betty Peterson of Bradley, Ill.; a half sister, Vernita Elkins of Buncombe; nine grandchildren; 11 great-grandchildren; and four great-great-grandchildren.
She was preceded in death by a son.
Friends may call at Lutz and Rendleman Funeral Home in Anna from 5 to 8 p.m. today.
The funeral will be at 11 a.m. Thursday at the funeral home, with the Revs. Gene Hart and Andy Gillespie officiating. Burial will be in Ebenezer Hall Cemetery.