- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)45
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)6
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)36
- Tanker truck catches fire near Oak Ridge (04/24/16)7
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
St. Louis airport to hold emergency drill
ST. LOUIS (AP) -- Lambert Airport in St. Louis says it will shut down a runway to hold an emergency drill exercise.
The runway and the Lindbergh Tunnel that runs beneath it will be shut down beginning at 8 a.m. Saturday into the afternoon.
The drill will involve pretend crash sites of a regional jet, a military jet and a multi-vehicle crash in the tunnel. It gives emergency responders a chance to train for actual emergencies.
Lambert says such drills are required every 3 years by the Federal Aviation Administration.