- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Man accused of pointing BB gun at Chaffee resident (04/26/16)2
Agnes C. Dumey, 95, passed away Thursday, Sept. 11, 2008, at the Lutheran Home in Cape Girardeau.
She was born April 16, 1913, at Rockview, daughter of Louis William Felden and Clara Irene Haynes. She was married to Frank "Mike" Dumey on Sept. 14, 1932, at St. Ambrose Catholic Church in Chaffee, Mo. He died May 4, 2005.
Agnes lived her entire life on farms in the Rockview and Delta communities. She was a lifelong member of St. Ambrose Church, Daughters of St. Ambrose and Legion of Mary. She enjoyed flower gardening, sewing, reading and spending time with her family.
Survivors include a son and daughter-in-law, Donald and Barbara Dumey of Bourbonnais, Ill.; two daughters, Pauline Loucks of Seal Beach, Calif., Joan Kight of Bell City, Mo.; three sisters, Elizabeth Goodwin of Arizona, Marie Lenhart of Elkhart, Ind., and Lucy Schwarz of Florissant, Mo.; a brother-in-law, Theon Dumey of Cape Girardeau; six grandchildren, Steven Dumey of Bourbonnais, Pamela Sommer of Bradley, Ill., Sandra Burnett of Delta, Debra Jones of Jackson, Beth Dumey of Palatine, Ill., and Lori Loucks of Huntington Beach, Calif.
Also seven great-grandchildren, Nicolas and Noelle Dumey of Bourbonnais, Elizabeth Jones of Colorado, Justin Sommer of Bradley, Bridget Jones of Cape Girardeau, Krystal and Kendra Burnett of Delta; and three great-great- grandchildren.
She was preceded in death by four brothers, Norman, Edward, Phillip and Paul Felden; a grandson, John Loucks; and a great-granddaughter, Jodi Lynn Sommer.
Friends may call at St. Ambrose Church on Monday after 9:30 a.m.
Funeral Mass will be at 11 a.m. Monday at the church, with the Rev. Oliver Clavin officiating. Burial will be in St. Ambrose Church Cemetery.
Amick-Burnett Funeral Chapel in Chaffee is in charge of arrangements.
"Into your hands I commit my spirit; redeem me, O Lord, the God of truth." Psalms 31:5