- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)32
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)3
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
PERRYVILLE, Mo. — Ruby M. Meyer, 87, of Perryville died Wednesday, Sept. 10, 2008, at Independence Care Center of Perry County.
She was born Nov. 8, 1920, in Perry County, daughter of Leo and Alice Alberta Hager Miget. She and Lucius A. Meyer were married Feb. 27, 1945. He died Jan. 14, 1996.
Meyer had worked in bookkeeping at Rozier's Mercantile. She was a member of St. Vincent de Paul Catholic Church and Daughters of Isabella.
Survivors include three daughters, Joanie Robinson of Perryville, Jane Billings of Fenton, Mo., Patty Scully of Memphis, Tenn.; a son, Jim Meyer of Perryville; three sisters, Leola Laws of Oak Ridge, Velda Gagnepain and Lily Meyer of Perryville; a brother, Leo Miget of Perryville; six grandchildren; and three great-grandchildren.
She was preceded in death by two sisters.
Friends may call from 4 to 8 p.m. Friday and 6:30 to 10:30 a.m. Saturday at Young and Sons Funeral Home. The parish wake will be at 7 p.m. Friday, and the rosary will be recited at 9:30 a.m. Saturday.
Funeral Mass will be at 11 a.m. Saturday at St. Vincent de Paul Catholic Church, with the Rev. Milton Ryan officiating. Burial will be in Mount Hope Cemetery.