- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Ray's of Kelso, Plaza by Ray's to change ownership; Fonn to buy enterprise (04/20/16)3
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)6
- Cape council approves nearly $1M in park, sculpture projects with little public discussion (04/22/16)37
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Tanker truck catches fire near Oak Ridge (04/24/16)7
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
ALTENBURG, Mo. — Harry H. Seibel, 86, of Altenburg died Wednesday, Sept. 10, 2008, at Independence Care Center of Perry County.
He was born June 26, 1922, at Altenburg, son of Joseph and Hulda Thurm Seibel. He and Elsie Palisch were married Oct. 26, 1947.
Seibel was employed 39 years at Citizens Electric, where he was Altenburg district lineman supervisor. He served as mayor of Altenburg 32 years. He was a member of Immanuel Lutheran Church.
He was a U.S. Army veteran of World War II.
Survivors include his wife; two sons, David Seibel of Frohna, Mo., Richard Seibel of Altenburg; a daughter, Sandra Breig of St. Mary, Mo.; nine grandchildren; and 11 great-grandchildren.
He was preceded in death by a brother and a sister.
Friends may call from 5 to 9 p.m. Friday and 6:30 to 8:30 a.m. Saturday at Young and Sons East Perry Chapel in Altenburg. An American Legion wake will be held at 7:30 p.m. Friday.
The funeral will be at 10 a.m. Saturday at Immanuel Lutheran Church in Altenburg, with the Rev. Jonathan Stites officiating. Burial will be in the church cemetery with military graveside rites by VFW Post 4282.