- Cape man gets 8 years for robbery, his first offense (12/7/16)9
- Abuse suspect tries to take cop's gun; officer zaps him with Taser and punches his face (12/7/16)3
- Group seeks to create a neighborhood park on Cape Girardeau's south side (12/7/16)14
- Post-election taunts reported at Jackson schools (12/2/16)28
- Man sentenced to 103 years for murder of Cape woman (12/6/16)4
- Cape may allow residents to keep chickens; residents at meeting push for measure (12/6/16)34
- 3 students in custody for violent threat; no details released (12/9/16)15
- Poplar Bluff man accused of enticement, child porn in Scott County sting operation (12/4/16)
- Burglary suspect apprehended inside Jackson garage (12/4/16)
- Lt. Gov. Kinder weighs in on Trump's win, his future plans (12/4/16)13
U.S. jets attack reported militant HQ in Fallujah
BAGHDAD, Iraq -- U.S. warplanes unleashed devastating airstrikes on an suspected hideout where operatives from an al-Qaida-linked group were meeting Monday, and hospital officials said 20 people died.
Also Monday, a video posted on a Web site in the name of the militants -- led by terrorist Abu Musab al-Zarqawi -- purportedly showed the beheading of a kidnapped Turkish truck driver.
The U.S. military said jets carried out the strike on a site in Fallujah, where several members of a group led by al-Zarqawi were meeting. It was at least the fifth airstrike in the past week on the city.