- Man shot by police ID'd; witness shares his side of story (2/17/17)31
- Settlement reached in accidental shooting case at Kelly High (2/15/17)10
- MSHP: McLendon shot in side; autopsy refutes witness account (2/19/17)23
- Jackson board votes to demolish high school building if bond issue passes (2/15/17)24
- Cape officer shoots man inside a home (2/16/17)7
- Business notebook: Owners ready to roll out the Barrel 131 (2/20/17)4
- Apparent punch at girls basketball game propels lawmaker into action (2/21/17)4
- Former Cape cop indicted on possessing child porn (2/17/17)
- Man dies after being shot by officer; said to have come at cop with knife (2/16/17)29
- Ray's of Kelso to close, then reopen under new ownership (2/16/17)6
U.S. jets attack reported militant HQ in Fallujah
BAGHDAD, Iraq -- U.S. warplanes unleashed devastating airstrikes on an suspected hideout where operatives from an al-Qaida-linked group were meeting Monday, and hospital officials said 20 people died.
Also Monday, a video posted on a Web site in the name of the militants -- led by terrorist Abu Musab al-Zarqawi -- purportedly showed the beheading of a kidnapped Turkish truck driver.
The U.S. military said jets carried out the strike on a site in Fallujah, where several members of a group led by al-Zarqawi were meeting. It was at least the fifth airstrike in the past week on the city.