- Scott City man dies in motorcycle crash near Millersville (8/13/17)
- Sands Pancake House moving to Morgan Oak location (8/11/17)1
- Cape movie theater to feature recliners, new food and drink options (8/11/17)3
- Stoogefest headliner cancels, cites NAACP travel advisory in Missouri (8/15/17)2
- Teen convicted of shooting area woman in 2015 (8/13/17)
- Man accused of making terror threats against dental office (8/13/17)
- Councilman: Scott City mayor, city administrator resigned (8/15/17)4
- Judge hears Mosby's formerly suppressed confession at Robinson hearing (8/9/17)
- $34 million student housing project on schedule, developer says (8/14/17)2
U.S. jets attack reported militant HQ in Fallujah
BAGHDAD, Iraq -- U.S. warplanes unleashed devastating airstrikes on an suspected hideout where operatives from an al-Qaida-linked group were meeting Monday, and hospital officials said 20 people died.
Also Monday, a video posted on a Web site in the name of the militants -- led by terrorist Abu Musab al-Zarqawi -- purportedly showed the beheading of a kidnapped Turkish truck driver.
The U.S. military said jets carried out the strike on a site in Fallujah, where several members of a group led by al-Zarqawi were meeting. It was at least the fifth airstrike in the past week on the city.