- Cape teacher accused of assaulting student at football game (10/23/16)41
- Pedestrian killed during traffic collision on I-55 (10/23/16)9
- Scott County Sheriff Rick Walter faces challenge from criminal investigator Wes Drury (10/21/16)9
- 18-year-old killed in one-car crash Thursday morning (10/21/16)1
- One issue reveals Clinton's character (10/25/16)18
- Man arrested after dispute at school spurs brief lockdown (10/21/16)6
- One victim IDs his attacker in shooting that killed woman (10/25/16)1
- 'I feel for them' (10/20/16)1
- Hundreds turn out for VintageNOW fundraiser (10/23/16)3
- R.P. Lumber chain buys Southeast Missouri Builders Supply in Cape (10/25/16)7
Visit Missouri Botanical Gardens for Monarch Fiesta
ST. LOUIS — Surround yourself with flowers, art and monarch butterflies at the Mighty Monarch Fiesta at the Sophia M. Sachs Butterfly House in St. Louis's Missouri Botanical Garden.
The Monarch Fiesta celebrates the popular orange-and-black butterfly and the contributions of Mexican art, culture and cuisine. The Botanical Garden has teamed with Belas Artes Multicultural Center in St. Louis to plan an authentic Mexican celebration.
Enjoy cocktails and be a social butterfly in the Butterfly Garden. Appetizers from Mexico will be available, and mariachi music by Mariachi Los Compadres will set the mood.
Enjoy dessert while dancers and storytellers from the Hispanic Heritage Group entertain the crowd. They will also tell the story of the monarch butterfly's migration to Central Mexico.
The Butterfly House Conservatory is a division of the Missouri Botanical Garden. Proceeds from the event will benefit the education program and exhibits for the Butterfly House.
For more information and tickets to the Mighty Monarch Fiesta, contact Liz Papagianis at 314-577-5120 or email@example.com.