- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)39
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Man accused of pointing BB gun at Chaffee resident (04/26/16)2
Names of Cape Girardeau County shooting victims released
Authorities have notified the families of the victims of Monday's shooting in Cape Girardeau County and are now releasing those names to the public.
The suspected shooter who police believe committed suicide was Donald Newell, 44, of Pocahontas.
The person believed to be his victim was Kristina Bosco. Bosco was wounded several times, including in the head, with a small-caliber revolver. Bosco was rushed to Saint Francis Hospital and is being treated for her wounds.
She underwent surgery last night and is still in serious condition, according to authorities.