- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)49
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says cops’ good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Hopper Road to close for months during construction of Veterans Drive (04/27/16)9
Hilda M. Childres Randolph, 79, of Cape Girardeau died Sunday, Sept. 7, 2008, at Saint Francis Medical Center.
She was born May 19, 1929, in Almo, Ky., daughter of Henry and Neva Herndon Childres. She and William Edward Randolph were married April 3, 1949, in Corinth, Miss. He died Aug. 17, 1995.
Hilda was a salesclerk more than 20 years at Lambert's Fabrics and also worked for Dr. Don Edwards. She volunteered at the food pantry at Maple United Methodist Church.
She is survived by a son, Charles Randolph and wife Diane of Cape Girardeau; a grandson, Chase Randolph of Cape Girardeau; three stepgrandchildren, Julie and Scott Arnzen of Jackson, Shelby and Jeff Spray of Jackson, Amy Lashley of Cape Girardeau; and five great- stepgrandchildren.
She was preceded in death by her parents.
A graveside service will be held at 11 a.m. Wednesday at Temple Hill Cemetery near Murray, Ky., with the Rev. Rob Mehner officiating.
Ford and Sons Funeral Home is in charge of arrangements.