- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)41
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)3
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
Two arrested after drug raid Friday in Stoddard County
BLOOMFIELD, Mo. -- Two Stoddard County residents face drug-related charges following a midmorning raid inside Bloomfield's city limits Friday.
The pair, 39-year-old Keith Leon Allen of Bernie, Mo., and Nicole Lovena Ferguson, 35, of Bloomfield, were arrested by Stoddard County sheriff's deputies at Ferguson's home on South Prairie Street after an extensive investigation into the suspected manufacture of methamphetamine, according to Stoddard County Sheriff Carl Hefner.
Deputy Keith Haynes applied for a search warrant of the Ferguson residence when the investigation found what was believed to be drug activity at the residence. At about 10:30 a.m. Friday, the search warrant was executed, resulting in the arrests.
The two are both charged with the possession of a controlled substance (methamphetamine) and the possession of precursors to the manufacture of methamphetamine. A cash-only bond of $25,000 has been set for Ferguson, while a more extensive criminal history dictated a $50,000 cash-only bond for Allen. Both remain in custody.