- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)3
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Man accused of pointing BB gun at Chaffee resident (04/26/16)2
83-year-old struck by car in parking lot
POPLAR BLUFF, Mo. -- An elderly Poplar Bluff man was struck by a car on the parking lot of Steak 'n' Shake at about 5:20 a.m. Thursday.
Edward Charles Lynch, 83, of the 1300 block of Meadow Lane suffered what Poplar Bluff police patrolman Jim Gerber described as moderate to severe injuries.
According to Gerber, Lynch was walking across the parking lot when a car, driven by Sandra Ailene Hurst, 47, of the 2000 block of Woodland Drive, was driving through the lot.
"Due to heavy rain and wind, neither the driver, Ms. Hurst, or the pedestrian saw the other, with the pedestrian walking into the path of the vehicle driven by Ms. Hurst," Gerber said.