- Cape teacher accused of assaulting student at football game (10/23/16)41
- Pedestrian killed during traffic collision on I-55 (10/23/16)9
- Scott County Sheriff Rick Walter faces challenge from criminal investigator Wes Drury (10/21/16)9
- 18-year-old killed in one-car crash Thursday morning (10/21/16)1
- One issue reveals Clinton's character (10/25/16)18
- Man arrested after dispute at school spurs brief lockdown (10/21/16)6
- One victim IDs his attacker in shooting that killed woman (10/25/16)1
- 'I feel for them' (10/20/16)1
- Hundreds turn out for VintageNOW fundraiser (10/23/16)3
- R.P. Lumber chain buys Southeast Missouri Builders Supply in Cape (10/25/16)7
Former Mo. teacher gets 6 years for sex acts
CLAYTON, Mo. (AP) -- A former suburban St. Louis teacher is sentenced to six years in prison for performing sex acts on teenage students.
A jury this summer found 48-year-old Cathy Heminghaus guilty of statutory sodomy, sexual contact with a student and supplying liquor to a minor. She was sentenced on Wednesday.
In addition to the prison time, Judge Michael Jamison fined Heminghaus $1,000 for the alcohol-related crimes.
Authorities have said the incidents happened in 2005 and 2006 at Ferguson Middle School. Heminghaus was fired by the Special School District after her 2006 arrest.