- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)3
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Man accused of pointing BB gun at Chaffee resident (04/26/16)2
Former Mo. teacher gets 6 years for sex acts
CLAYTON, Mo. (AP) -- A former suburban St. Louis teacher is sentenced to six years in prison for performing sex acts on teenage students.
A jury this summer found 48-year-old Cathy Heminghaus guilty of statutory sodomy, sexual contact with a student and supplying liquor to a minor. She was sentenced on Wednesday.
In addition to the prison time, Judge Michael Jamison fined Heminghaus $1,000 for the alcohol-related crimes.
Authorities have said the incidents happened in 2005 and 2006 at Ferguson Middle School. Heminghaus was fired by the Special School District after her 2006 arrest.