- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)43
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)6
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)31
- Tanker truck catches fire near Oak Ridge (04/24/16)7
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
Missouri man accused of dumping friend's body after crash
ELDON, Mo. (AP) -- Police say a central Missouri man dumped the body of his friend in a ditch after crashing his car into a tree.
Miller County authorities say 52-year-old Jerry Flippin of Eldon is jailed on charges of second-degree murder, abandonment of a corpse and evidence tampering. He's accused of placing the body of Jason Wood of Versailles about a mile from the crash site at 3 p.m. Sunday.
Court documents say Wood suffered severe head and neck injuries when Flippin's car left the road and hit a tree. Down the road, Flippin allegedly placed Woods' body in a ditch.
An hour later police went to a trailer park and found Flippin asleep in his vehicle with the engine running. He later told them where he'd left Wood but after that claimed he couldn't remember what happened.
Records show Flippin has eight previous drunk driving convictions.