- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)49
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says cops’ good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Hopper Road to close for months during construction of Veterans Drive (04/27/16)9
Goodwill offers vouchers for evacuees
ST. LOUIS (AP) -- Dozens of Goodwill stores in Missouri and Illinois are offering vouchers to allow Hurricane Gustav evacuees to get clothes from their stores.
Beginning immediately through Thursday, people who can show valid identification that they are from New Orleans or other communities affected by the hurricane can qualify for a $30 voucher.
They can receive an additional $10 voucher for each additional family member in need of clothes.
The stores taking part as known as MERSGoodwill stores. They include stores in the western half of Illinois and Goodwills around Missouri, except those in Kansas City and St. Joseph.