- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)49
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says cops’ good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Hopper Road to close for months during construction of Veterans Drive (04/27/16)9
BURFORDVILLE -- LaWanda G. Bowen, 48, of Burfordville died Thursday, Sept. 9, 2004 at her home.
She was born Aug. 2, 1956 in Hayti, Mo., daughter of Alvin and Florence Boyer Gooch. She married Thomas "Tom" Bowen Nov. 3, 1989. He survives.
Also surviving are two daughters, Mindy Allison of Indianapolis, Ind., and Erica Gianesin of Burfordville; two sons, Donnie Gianesin of Jackson and Joshua Bowen of Burfordville; her mother, Florence Gooch of Whitewater; four grandchildren; two brothers, Johnny Gooch of Crump, Gene Gooch of Westfield, Ind.; six sisters, Rose Quinn of Gordonville, Barbara May of Cape Girardeau, Shirley Musgrave of Portageville, Mo., Margaret Love of Whitewater, Carolyn Lawrence of Deport, Texas, and Alice Burton of Birchtree, Mo.
She was preceded in death by her father, a sister, a brother and a granddaughter.
Visitation will be from 4 to 8 p.m. today at the McCombs Funeral Home in Jackson. The funeral will be at 1:30 p.m. Saturday at the funeral home with Rev. Micah Bristow officiating. Burial will follow in Goshen cemetery near Oak Ridge.