- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)47
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says cops’ good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
COBDEN, Ill. -- Grace M. Hunter, 100, of Cobden died Thursday, Sept. 9, 2004, at Jonesboro Healthcare Center in Jonesboro, Ill.
She was born March 22, 1904, in Makanda, Ill., daughter of Harvey L. and Nellie E. Carter Hunter.
Hunter worked at the Cobden Post Office several years. She was a member of First Baptist Church.
Survivors include cousins, Helen Garner of Anna, Ill., Margaret Sims of Chicago, Glenn Moore of Jonesboro, Mary Avato of Southwick, Mass., Mary Pickett of Gainesville, Fla., Jack Pickett of Panama City, Fla., and Ward Carter of Boston, Mass.
Friends may call at Lutz and Rendleman Funeral Home in Cobden Monday from 9 a.m. to service time.
The funeral will be at 11 a.m. Monday at the funeral home, with the Rev. Allen Speers officiating. Burial will be in Cobden Cemetery.