- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)47
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)42
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)3
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
Region briefs 9/10/04
Event will close trail's roads Saturday morning
Interior roads in the Trail of Tears State Park will be closed at 9 a.m. Saturday for a triathlon being held in the park. The roads will reopen around noon. Individuals and teams will compete in a half-mile swim, a 15-mile bicycle ride and a four-mile run. It is sponsored by the Missouri Department of Natural Resources, the Cape Girardeau Parks and Recreation Department, and is sanctioned by the Triathlon Federation USA. For more information, contact the parks and recreation department at 335-5421.
No traffic deaths in area over Labor Day holiday
No one was killed in car accidents over the Labor Day holiday in Southeast Missouri, but Troop E of the Missouri State Highway Patrol did investigate 17 crashes and issued tickets for various infractions. The counting period began Friday and continued through Monday. In that time, the patrol issued 231 speeding tickets, 186 speed warnings and 79 seat belt summonses. Troopers also arrested 28 individuals for driving while intoxicated.
-- From staff reports