- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)42
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)3
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
Bernice May, 85, of Cape Girardeau died Monday, Sept. 1, 2008, at the Lutheran Home.
She was born Dec. 1, 1922, in Cape Girardeau, daughter of Joseph J. and Francis E. Simpher Logel.
May had worked at Florsheim Shoe Co. She was a member of St. Vincent de Paul Catholic Church and its Council of Catholic Women.
Survivors include two sons, Robert May of Collierville, Tenn., Scott May of Jackson; two daughters, Beverly Hitch of Cape Girardeau, Terrie Geiger of Dover, Fla.; a sister, Mary Bell Edwards of Cape Girardeau; five grandchildren; and four great- grandchildren.
She was preceded in death by two sisters and a grandson.
Visitation will be from 4:30 to 8 p.m. Thursday at Lorberg Memorial Funeral Chapel. Parish prayers will be at 7.
Funeral Mass will be at 10 a.m. Friday at St. Vincent de Paul Church, with the Rev. David Hulshof officiating. Burial will be in St. Mary's Cemetery.