- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)48
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says copsí good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Hopper Road to close for months during construction of Veterans Drive (04/27/16)9
Two Dexter, Mo., men arrested in weekend stabbing
BLOOMFIELD, Mo. -- Two Dexter, Mo., men are being held in the Stoddard County Jail after they were charged Saturday in a stabbing.
Randy House, 43, and his nephew, Ricky House, 26, are both charged with first-degree assault and armed criminal action. The senior House is held on a bond of $75,000. His nephew has a bond of $50,000.
The charges stem from an incident involving the stabbing of a third Dexter man. According to Lt. Trevor Pulley of the Dexter Police Department, officers responded to a call Friday night and arrived to find the victim at his residence, having been assaulted and stabbed five times in his lower left back.
An ambulance transported the victim to the local hospital. He was later transported to Barnes-Jewish Hospital in St. Louis, where, according to authorities, he remains in fair condition.