- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)44
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)6
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)35
- Tanker truck catches fire near Oak Ridge (04/24/16)7
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
WAPPAPELLO, Mo. -- Bernard William Bechtold Sr., 69, of Wappapello died Monday, Sept. 1, 2008, at St. Louis University Hospital in St. Louis.
He was born Aug. 4, 1939, at Alton, Ill., son of Bernard J. and Dorothy Hefley Bechtold. He and Carolyn Berry were married Dec. 18, 1965, at Alton.
He was a veteran of the U.S. Army, serving in the Persian Gulf War. He had worked at Falcon Door in Malden. He was a member of the VFW.
Survivors include his wife, his mother; Dorothy Bechtold of Godfrey, Ill; a son, Bernard Bechtold Jr. of Fenton, Mich.; two daughters, Toni Bechtold and Patricia Bechtold, both of Panama City, Fla.; two brothers, Frank Bechtold of Ohio and John Bechtold of Washington; a sister, Dorothy Gross of Godfrey; and three grandchildren.
He was preceded in death by his father.
Friends may call from 5 to 8 p.m. today at Morgan Funeral Chapel in Advance, Mo.
The funeral will be at 11:30 a.m. Thursday at the funeral home, with the Revs. Dennis Doublin and Bob Taylor officiating.
Interment will be in the Missouri State Veterans Cemetery at Bloomfield, Mo.