- Krispy Kreme coming to Cape Girardeau (12/14/17)2
- Light and music show: Jackson family goes high-tech with Christmas display (12/11/17)
- Former Wimpy's Drive-In owner Freeman Lewis dies (12/9/17)2
- Jury convicts Scott City man who confessed to murder; girlfriend's testimony corroborates confession (12/9/17)
- Cape schools to get two new principals, assistant superintendent (12/13/17)1
- Feds ask judge to impose $6.5 million punishment for Cape surgeon (12/7/17)9
- Two Cape County residents, including former Jackson police officer, face burglary charges in Colorado (12/12/17)
- Pedestrian struck on Broadway (12/11/17)4
- Kelso resident brings home $60K in lottery winnings (12/14/17)
- Makeover at the movies: Transformation complete inside Cape theater (12/8/17)4
Golden Eagles were great
To the editor:
I had the privilege of seeing the Golden Eagles at the Military Tattoo in Edinburgh on Aug. 21. It was such a surprise and a thrill to see the United States represented by Southeast Missouri. This particular evening it poured down raining throughout the show. Yet the band performed as though it was a perfect evening under the stars.
I was glad to see the online newspaper article and pictures from the Tattoo since it was too rainy to take pictures.
Although I live in Virginia, my home is Cairo, Ill., and I routinely read the online version of your newspaper.
Dianne Reasons, Waynesboro, Va.