- Man killed by vehicle had been charged with domestic assault (11/30/16)
- Jackson man to cast electoral vote for Trump; others trying to dissuade him (11/29/16)51
- Post-election taunts reported at Jackson schools (12/2/16)28
- Former Cape council member dies, remembered as 'wonderful public servant' (11/29/16)1
- Burglary suspect apprehended inside Jackson garage (12/4/16)
- Poplar Bluff man accused of enticement, child porn in Scott County sting operation (12/4/16)
- Missouri chamber to honor Cape's John Mehner (11/30/16)6
- Woman accused in three robberies disguised herself as man (11/29/16)5
- Men who pulled father, son from burning car near Naylor honored by highway patrol (12/1/16)
- Cape woman hopes son's death in Chattanooga will lead to better policing (11/30/16)11
Golden Eagles were great
To the editor:
I had the privilege of seeing the Golden Eagles at the Military Tattoo in Edinburgh on Aug. 21. It was such a surprise and a thrill to see the United States represented by Southeast Missouri. This particular evening it poured down raining throughout the show. Yet the band performed as though it was a perfect evening under the stars.
I was glad to see the online newspaper article and pictures from the Tattoo since it was too rainy to take pictures.
Although I live in Virginia, my home is Cairo, Ill., and I routinely read the online version of your newspaper.
Dianne Reasons, Waynesboro, Va.