- Cape teacher accused of assaulting student at football game (10/23/16)41
- Pedestrian killed during traffic collision on I-55 (10/23/16)9
- Scott County Sheriff Rick Walter faces challenge from criminal investigator Wes Drury (10/21/16)9
- 18-year-old killed in one-car crash Thursday morning (10/21/16)1
- One issue reveals Clinton's character (10/25/16)21
- Man arrested after dispute at school spurs brief lockdown (10/21/16)6
- One victim IDs his attacker in shooting that killed woman (10/25/16)1
- 'I feel for them' (10/20/16)1
- Hundreds turn out for VintageNOW fundraiser (10/23/16)3
- R.P. Lumber chain buys Southeast Missouri Builders Supply in Cape (10/25/16)7
Golden Eagles were great
To the editor:
I had the privilege of seeing the Golden Eagles at the Military Tattoo in Edinburgh on Aug. 21. It was such a surprise and a thrill to see the United States represented by Southeast Missouri. This particular evening it poured down raining throughout the show. Yet the band performed as though it was a perfect evening under the stars.
I was glad to see the online newspaper article and pictures from the Tattoo since it was too rainy to take pictures.
Although I live in Virginia, my home is Cairo, Ill., and I routinely read the online version of your newspaper.
Dianne Reasons, Waynesboro, Va.