- Obama shortens sentence of inmate from Cape (1/19/17)9
- Jackson police describe night of anger, car crashes, drug possession by 18-year-old (1/22/17)5
- Business notebook: Jackson salon owner also opens a clothing store (1/16/17)
- Area hospitals hope a box helps prevent infant deaths (1/19/17)6
- Meat-processing plant faces $70K penalty for Clean Water Act violations (1/17/17)4
- Local students to perform with choir at inauguration (1/19/17)3
- Southeast to lose $3.5 million from state in budget cuts (1/18/17)21
- Subjects of interest in 1992 killing take polygraph tests; results not revealed (1/18/17)2
- Governor cuts $146 million, colleges take hit (1/17/17)
- Comedian, cancer survivor Tom Green headlines sold-out Cancer Center benefit (1/22/17)
Golden Eagles were great
To the editor:
I had the privilege of seeing the Golden Eagles at the Military Tattoo in Edinburgh on Aug. 21. It was such a surprise and a thrill to see the United States represented by Southeast Missouri. This particular evening it poured down raining throughout the show. Yet the band performed as though it was a perfect evening under the stars.
I was glad to see the online newspaper article and pictures from the Tattoo since it was too rainy to take pictures.
Although I live in Virginia, my home is Cairo, Ill., and I routinely read the online version of your newspaper.
Dianne Reasons, Waynesboro, Va.