- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)39
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Ray's of Kelso, Plaza by Ray's to change ownership; Fonn to buy enterprise (04/20/16)3
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)4
- Cape council approves nearly $1M in park, sculpture projects with little public discussion (04/22/16)37
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Tanker truck catches fire near Oak Ridge (04/24/16)7
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
Southeast sees LSU cancel weekend volleyball tournament
The Southeast Missouri State volleyball team unexpectedly finds itself with a 12-day break in its schedule after the cancellation of this weekend's Tiger Classic in Baton Rouge, La., due to damage left by Hurricane Gustav.
Tournament host Louisiana State University called off the four-team event after Gustav hit the region Monday, leaving more than 600,000 people in the Baton Rouge area without power.
Southeast (0-3) was scheduled to play LSU on Friday, and Rice and Louisiana Tech on Saturday. The matches will not be rescheduled.
Southeast, which lost all three of its matches in the season-opening Blue Raider Bash on Aug. 29 and 30, returns to action Sept. 12 in the two-day Saluki Invitational in Carbondale, Ill.
-- From staff reports