- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)3
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Man accused of pointing BB gun at Chaffee resident (04/26/16)2
Mather out for season with broken hand
PHOENIX -- St. Louis will be without Joe Mather for the rest of the season because of a broken bone in his left hand.
The 26-year-old outfielder was injured while swinging at a pitch in the Cardinals' 8-6 loss to Arizona on Monday. He will undergo surgery to repair the broken hamate bone, team officials said.
Mather, recalled from Class AAA Memphis on July 21, hit a solo home run Monday before he was injured. He was hitting .241 with eight home runs and 18 RBIs in 133 at-bats.