- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)43
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)6
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)31
- Tanker truck catches fire near Oak Ridge (04/24/16)7
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
Three-vehicle accident sends Jackson woman to hospital
A Jackson woman was injured Sunday at 11:30 a.m. during a three-car accident on Highway 61, two miles north of the town, according to the Missouri Highway Patrol crash reports Web site. Ila Niswonger, 86, was injured when a car driven by Robert W. Harper, 81, of Jackson in which Niswonger was a passenger struck another car, driven by Jeffrey D. Sutton, 31, of Jackson.
The accident occurred as Harper and another vehicle were traveling north on Highway 61. Dale E. Steffens, 67, of Jackson was attempting to make a left turn when Harper went into the southbound lane, striking Sutton head-on.
Harper's 2001 Chrysler was totaled, Sutton's 1999 Ford sustained extensive damage and a 2005 GMC driven by Steffens was moderately damaged.
Niswonger was taken to Saint Francis Medical Center in Cape Girardeau, where she was treated for moderate injuries.