- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)49
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says cops’ good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Hopper Road to close for months during construction of Veterans Drive (04/27/16)9
Jessie Richardson, 86, of Whitewater died Wednesday, Sept. 8, 2004, at Chateau Girardeau Nursing Center in Cape Girardeau.
She was born Sept. 16, 1917, at Crump, daughter of Sidney and Ezra Proffer Rhodes. She and Waldo Richardson were married Sept. 16, 1940. He died Oct. 19, 1997.
Richardson was a member of Bethlehem General Baptist Church, and former member of Star Homemakers Club.
Survivors include two sons, David Richardson of Jefferson City, Mo., Boyd Richardson of Whitewater; two grandsons; and a great-grandson.
She was preceded in death by a brother.
Friends may call at McCombs Funeral Home in Jackson from 4 to 8 p.m. today.
The funeral will be at 11 a.m. Friday at the funeral home, with the Revs. Willis Smith and Jimmie Fulbright officiating. Burial will be in Proffer Cemetery at Crump.