- Cape man gets 8 years for robbery, his first offense (12/7/16)9
- 3 students in custody for violent threat; no details released (12/9/16)15
- Abuse suspect tries to take cop's gun; officer zaps him with Taser and punches his face (12/7/16)3
- Group seeks to create a neighborhood park on Cape Girardeau's south side (12/7/16)14
- Man sentenced to 103 years for murder of Cape woman (12/6/16)4
- Cape may allow residents to keep chickens; residents at meeting push for measure (12/6/16)35
- Poplar Bluff man accused of enticement, child porn in Scott County sting operation (12/4/16)
- Burglary suspect apprehended inside Jackson garage (12/4/16)
- Company to start recruiting businesses to Jackson, Cape (12/9/16)16
- 13 venues, 60 sponsors participating in Happy Slapowitz's Toy Bash on Thursday (12/7/16)2
Mo. group to help with RNC security
ST. LOUIS (AP) -- A division of the Boone County Fire Protection District will leave for St. Paul, Minn., this weekend to help with security at the Republican National Convention.
Missouri Task Force One includes 80 people, four disaster search dogs, and 100,000 pounds of rescue, medical and support equipment.
The group will be staged next week near the event site in case of a disaster, returning on Sept. 6.
Information from: KSDK-TV, http://www.ksdk.com