- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)49
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Neighbors mystified over why man was killed by state trooper (05/03/16)20
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says cops’ good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- 'American Pickers' visits Poplar Bluff (04/29/16)
Mo. jury recommends death in double murder
COLUMBIA, Mo. (AP) -- Jurors recommend death for a Jefferson City man in the Christmas Eve 2006 killings of his cousin and her husband in Callaway County.
Brian Dorsey showed no signs of emotion when the Boone County jury's decision was read Thursday night. The 37-year-old Dorsey in March pleaded guilty to the shotgun deaths of Sarah and Ben Bonnie at their home in New Bloomfield.
Dorsey testified that he didn't remember the shooting because alcohol sent him into a blackout. A psychiatrist said Dorsey struggled with depression and was a substance abuser.
But prosecutors said those problems were no excuse for what they called "executions."
Evidence indicated that Sarah Bonnie was raped and that her body was doused with bleach, presumably to rid it of DNA evidence.
An Oct. 3 sentencing date was set.
Information from The Fulton Sun: http://www.fultonsun.com