- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)49
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says cops’ good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Hopper Road to close for months during construction of Veterans Drive (04/27/16)9
PERRYVILLE, Mo. — Leona A. Hoffman, 94, of Perryville died Thursday, Aug. 28, 2008, at Independent Care Center of Perry County.
She was born Dec. 24, 1913, at McBride, Mo., daughter of Henry and Elsie Schemel Schulte. She and Emmet Hoffman were married Feb. 28, 1933. He died March 5, 2004.
Hoffman had worked at a shoe factory. She was a member of Our Lady of Victory Catholic Church and Ladies Sodality in Sereno, Mo., and VFW Auxiliary Post 4282.
Survivors include a daughter, Velda Gross of Bridgeton, Mo.; a son, Roger Hoffman of Huntsville, Ala.; three sisters, Lyndola Hudson of Perryville, Dorothy Walls of Festus, Mo., Maxine Wilson of Overland, Mo.; two brothers, Melvin "Jack" Schulte of Chester, Ill., Edward "Toby" Schulte of Little Rock; five grandchildren; and five great-grandchildren.
She was preceded in death by two sisters and three brothers.
Visitation will be from 9:30 a.m. to service time Saturday at Our Lady of Victory Church.
Funeral Mass will be at 10:30 a.m. Saturday at the church, with the Rev. Bill Rhinehart officiating. Burial will be in Mount Hope Cemetery.
Young and Sons Funeral Home is in charge of arrangements.