- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)48
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says copsí good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
Joe Lynn Meyer, 94, of Jackson died Thursday, Aug. 28, 2008, at Jackson Manor in Jackson.
He was born May 28, 1914, at Tilsit, son of Louis F. and O'Dessa Ates Meyer. He and Vesta Mae Lange were married July 13, 1936.
He graduated from Jackson High School in 1935, where he played and lettered in football all four years. A lifelong farmer, he also sold insurance for Cameron Mutual-Columbia Insurance Co., was a deputy sheriff for Cape Girardeau County and a security officer at Procter & Gamble. He was the oldest member of New McKendree United Methodist Church in Jackson. He belonged to Excelsior Lodge 441 AF&AM and was a member of the Oak Ridge Order of Eastern Star Chapter 310.
Survivors include his wife; three daughters, Marilyn Harrellson of St. Charles, Mo.; Darlene Derr, St. Joseph, Mo.; Diana Meyer, Cape Girardeau; six grandchildren; nine great-grandchildren; and a great-great-grandchild.
He was preceded in death by two brothers and a grandchild.
Visitation will be from 4 to 8 p.m. Monday at Cracraft-Miller Funeral Home. A Masonic service will be at 7 p.m. Monday.
The funeral will be at 10 a.m. Tuesday with the Revs. John Rice and Jimmie Corbin officiating.
Entombment will be in Cape County Memorial Park.