- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)7
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)38
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Man accused of pointing BB gun at Chaffee resident (04/26/16)2
SEMO District Fair, parade to affect traffic, parking
The Cape Girardeau Police Department will implement special traffic arrangements for the 2004 SEMO District Fair and for the parade scheduled for Monday afternoon.
To prepare for fair traffic "no parking" signs will be placed around the Arena Park area Friday, said Sgt. Jack Wimp, traffic supervisor for the police department. Enforcement of the restricted parking will begin at 10 a.m. Saturday.
"Any vehicles parked in a 'no parking' or 'restricted parking' area will be towed away at the owner's expense, and a traffic ticket will be issued," Wimp said.
Friday afternoon prior to the parade, "no parking" signs will be placed in Capaha Park on North West End Boulevard and Perry Avenue. Capaha Park will be closed at 6 a.m. Monday. Only vehicles used in the parade will be allowed inside the park. Parade participants can be dropped off at West End Boulevard and Normal Street at the park entrance. West End Boulevard will be closed between Broadway and Normal streets at 4 p.m. to allow the parade to form. The parade will begin at 5:30 p.m.
Broadway west of West End Boulevard and Kingshighway between Broadway and Cape Rock Drive will be closed during the parade. Broadview Street will be closed from Spartech Drive north to the entrance to Arena Park during the parade and for a short period after it. Southbound traffic on Kingshighway will be detoured west on Hopper Road.
Only vehicles hauled in for the demolition derby will be allowed to travel north on Broadview Street from Independence during the parade and for a short time after the parade.