- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)41
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)3
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
Man suspected in 20 bank holdups arrested
SPRINGFIELD, Mo. -- A southwestern Missouri man suspected in at least 20 bank robberies has been arrested after a traffic stop.
The Missouri State Highway Patrol says 37-year-old Joseph Paul Young, of Rogersville, was taken into custody Thursday morning after a trooper saw him driving slowly on Interstate 44.
Young is a suspect in bank robberies credited to the "Plaid Shirt Robber" in a half-dozen states including Missouri, Kentucky and West Virginia.
He was being held at the Greene County Jail on Thursday.