- Cape teacher accused of assaulting student at football game (10/23/16)41
- Pedestrian killed during traffic collision on I-55 (10/23/16)9
- Scott County Sheriff Rick Walter faces challenge from criminal investigator Wes Drury (10/21/16)9
- 18-year-old killed in one-car crash Thursday morning (10/21/16)1
- One issue reveals Clinton's character (10/25/16)18
- Man arrested after dispute at school spurs brief lockdown (10/21/16)6
- One victim IDs his attacker in shooting that killed woman (10/25/16)1
- 'I feel for them' (10/20/16)1
- Hundreds turn out for VintageNOW fundraiser (10/23/16)3
- R.P. Lumber chain buys Southeast Missouri Builders Supply in Cape (10/25/16)7
Boyd moves on to next round of "America's Got Talent"
Sikeston, Mo., native Neal E. Boyd has moved on to the next round in "America's Got Talent."
The tenor performed Tuesday night, singing an opera-infused rendition of the song "Somewhere" from the musical "West Side Story." He was one of 10 performers.
On Wednesday five of those performers were eliminated. Contestants were paired to announce who was cut, with one of each of those five pairs getting eliminated from the show. Boyd was up with Britney Spears impersonator Derrick Barry.
Boyd's next appearance will likely come in two weeks, when the field of 40 is reduced to 20.
Matthew Piazzi, a New Yorker with ties to Cape Girardeau, will perform on Tuesday's show.