- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)49
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says copsí good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Hopper Road to close for months during construction of Veterans Drive (04/27/16)9
Imogene Sevella Brooks, 80, of Jackson died Tuesday, Aug. 26, 2008, at Monticello House.
She was born May 30, 1928, in Jackson, daughter of George and Ethel Nanney Schreiner. She and Melvin Brooks were married Nov. 18, 1944.
Survivors include her husband; a son, Ron Brooks of Phoenix; a daughter, Faye Hirsch of St. Louis; three sisters, Mary Long and Marie Newell of St. Louis, Karen Bowers of Millersville; a brother, David Schreiner of Manteno, Ill.; four grandchildren; and a great-grandchild.
She was preceded in death by a brother.
Friends may call from 10 a.m. to service time today at McCombs Funeral Home in Jackson.
The funeral will be at 11 a.m. today at the funeral home, with Dr. Barry Winders officiating. Burial will be in Russell Heights Cemetery.