- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)47
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)42
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)3
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
Sikeston holds tryouts for youth production
@SL_body_copy_ragged:SIKESTON, Mo. -- The Sikeston Little Theatre will produce a youth production of "The Importance of Being Earnest." The play will be directed and staffed by students in grades seven to 12. Tryouts will be from 6 to 7 p.m. Thursday to Saturday, and 2 to 3 p.m. Sunday at the Albritton-Mayer Cultural Center, 506 S. Kings-highway in Sikeston. For more information, call 573-481-0255.
Nutcracker looking for young dancers
@SL_body_copy_ragged:Local auditions will be held for children's roles for Moscow Ballet's "Great Russian Nutcracker." Anna Tyutyunnik will conduct the auditions. Auditions will be at 6:30 p.m. Sept. 25 for ages 12 and older and 4 p.m. Sept. 26 at Dance Extensions, 1820 Old Toll Road in Jackson. For more information, call Jackie Robertson, local coordinator, at 243-1176. Moscow Ballet's "Great Russian Nutcracker" will be performed at 7:30 p.m. Dec. 15 and 16 at Bedell Hall on the Southeast Missouri State University River Campus.
-- From staff reports