- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Ray's of Kelso, Plaza by Ray's to change ownership; Fonn to buy enterprise (04/20/16)3
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)6
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Tanker truck catches fire near Oak Ridge (04/24/16)7
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
Jackson Board of Aldermen agenda
7:30 p.m. today
A motion to set the fall cleanup week for Oct. 11 to 15.
A motion to approve a $383,612 change order to Dutch Enterprises in conjunction with the West Jackson Boulevard/South Hope Street water and sewer relocation. The change order was made because additional retaining walls were added from Phase 1 of the project and subtracted from Phase 2.
A motion approving a change order of $3,399 to B.W. Birk & Associates regarding the high service pumps replacement project at Water Treatment Plant No. 1.
A motion accepting the bid of Penzel Construction Co. of Jackson in the amount of $131,200 for the replacement of the sanitation maintenance building.
A motion to accept a bid for $18,500 from Allen & Hoshall for power plant generation modifications.
A motion directing the planning and zoning commission to prepare a West Jackson Boulevard zoning study.
An ordinance accepting the dedication of a Della Street and South Old Orchard Road right-of-way deed from The Great Eight LLC and the Heise Family Trust.
An ordinance to repeal parking restrictions on the south side of Walton Drive.
An ordinance authorizing a contractual agreement with the Missouri Transportation Finance Corporation on the Center Junction lighting project.