- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)36
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)3
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
PERRYVILLE, Mo. -- Donald J. Chappius, 53, of Perryville, died Sunday, Sept. 5, 2004, at his home.
He was born June 28, 1951, at Perryville, the son of John Vincent and Elsie Marie Ernst Chappius.
He and Rebecca G. McDowell were married Dec. 30, 1977. She died Sept. 12, 1997.
Chappius was retired from Chrysler, where he worked as a technician on the assembly line. He was a member of St. Vincent de Paul Catholic Church, American Legion Post 133 Booster, VFW Booster and the Eagles.
Survivors include a daughter, Terri Green; two sons, Joseph Chappius and Michael Chappius, all of Perryville; two brothers, David Chappius and James Chappius, both of Perryville; four sisters, Ruth Rauh and Shirley Yeager, both of Perryville, Ruby Otte of Ste. Genevieve and Roxie Drayton of St. Louis, Mo.; and three grandchildren.
He was preceded in death by his parents and wife.
Friends may call from 4 to 9 p.m. today at Young and Sons Funeral Chapel and from 6:30 to 10:30 a.m. Wednesday. A wake will be at 7 p.m. Tuesday.
Funeral Mass will be at 11 a.m. Wednesday at St. Vincent de Paul Church, with the Rev. Kevin Fausz officiating. Burial will be in Mount Hope Cemetery.