- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)3
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Man accused of pointing BB gun at Chaffee resident (04/26/16)2
Sixth dies after Aug. 29 accident
A sixth person has died after an accident on Interstate 55 Aug. 29 involving a group traveling from Louisiana.
Sammy Hearn, 47, of West Monroe, La., died Monday at Barnes Hospital in St. Louis, according to reports from the Missouri State Highway Patrol.
Hearn was driving the Dodge van on the morning of Aug. 29 when it ran off the interstate and struck a creek embankment south of Scott City.
Most of the vehicle's passengers were ejected. Five people were killed and another seriously injured in the accident.
Hearn also was seriously injured and taken to Saint Francis Medical Center before being transferred to St. Louis.