- Marble Hill fires entire sewer department (8/23/16)5
- Ex-Southeast student gets probation for placing homemade sex video on porn site without woman's knowledge (8/24/16)13
- Bootheel lawmaker seeks probe into crop damage by illegal herbicide spraying (8/24/16)1
- The Chrome Queens (8/21/16)2
- Local private school dreams bigger, plans for new building at Sprigg and Lexington (8/22/16)
- Newsmakers 2016: Jason Bandermann (8/15/16)
- 'Santa' suspect Moffat sentenced to 12 years for sexual abuse of girl (8/23/16)2
- New CEO named at Wood & Huston Bank (8/21/16)
- Schnucks bans solicitors, including organizations like Salvation Army (8/24/16)38
- Police: Woman beat another woman with a bat over a pair of shoes (8/21/16)2
Local Girl Scout Creates Born Learning Trail
Cassidy Brown, Girl Scout Troop 224, painted shapes, letters and hopscotch along the Capaha Park lake path both for her Silver Scouting award and to promote early learning. Her efforts became Cape’s first “Born Learning trail,” which officially opens Sept. 6 at 11 a.m. with extra activities at shelter #1. The City of Cape Girardeau Parks and Recreation Department and United Way of Southeast Missouri’s Success by 6 – Born Learning initiative made this project possible.
Kudos to Cassidy Brown for volunteering her time to make Cape Girardeau an even better place to raise and educate young children!