- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)7
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)38
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Man accused of pointing BB gun at Chaffee resident (04/26/16)2
Man on mo-ped hurt after being struck during chase
NORMANDY, Mo. (AP) -- A bystander is hospitalized and three people are in jail after a police chase that began in St. Louis County and ended in the city.
The incident began Sunday night when shots were fired at Normandy officers. The officers were not hit and began a chase that wound through traffic on Interstate 70 and ended in north St. Louis. There, the suspects crashed their van and tried to run away. Three men were captured. Others were being sought.
Police say the mo-ped driver was struck by the van during the chase and suffered broken bones. His injuries are not considered life-threatening.
Officers say they have no idea why they were fired upon.
Information from: KTVI-TV, http://www.fox2ktvi.com