- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)42
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)3
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
Obama visiting KC American Airlines facility
WASHINGTON (AP) -- Democratic presidential hopeful Barack Obama will host a town hall meeting Tuesday at a Kansas City airline facility that may slash hundreds of jobs.
The Illinois senator will discuss economic issues at the American Airlines maintenance plant at 11:15 a.m.
His stop is part of a four-state, westward tour of swing states on his way to delivering the acceptance speech at the Democratic National Convention in Denver on Thursday night.
American Airlines recently announced that its overhaul base in Kansas City could see up to 600 jobs cut.
Obama's campaign says the candidate will discuss his plan to bring economic relief to middle-class families.
This is an invitation only event that will be open to the press.