- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)49
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Neighbors mystified over why man was killed by state trooper (05/03/16)20
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says cops’ good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- 'American Pickers' visits Poplar Bluff (04/29/16)
Cars burn in KCK dealer lot, gas cans found nearby
KANSAS CITY, Mo. (AP) -- Fire guts 10 sport utility vehicles at an auto dealership targeted by the Kansas and Missouri attorney generals' offices for alleged deceptive advertising.
Arson investigators say six gasoline cans and a lighter were found early Monday near the burned vehicles in a lot at Chad Franklin Suzuki in Kansas City, Kan. Firefighters say eight of the SUVs were destroyed and the other two were damaged.
Fire officials estimated a $150,000 loss.
Last week the attorneys general in Kansas and Missouri sued the dealership's owners, alleging deceptive and misleading advertising.
The suits said the ads were used to lure consumers into buying new cars at extremely low monthly rates, before the promotion was stopped and buyers were forced to make full payments.
Information from: KSHB-TV, http://www.kshb.com