- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)42
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)3
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
People on the move 8/25/08
Cook joins staff at Antonio's Salon
Lindsay Cook has joined the staff at Antonio's Salon, 127 N, New Madrid St., Sikeston, Mo. A graduate of Eclips School of Cosmetology in Cape Girardeau, Cook is accepting walk-ins for cuts, color, styling, extensions, eyelash extensions and facials.
Physician attends chiropractic training
Dr. Tiffany Brey, a chiropractor who practices at Dixon Chiropractic Center at 589A Highway 146 in East Cape Girardeau, Ill., recently completed a four-day training session in Florissant, Colo. Along with about 80 other chiropractors from across the United States and Canada, Brey participated in training covering various topics ranging from the art, science and philosophy of chiropractic to wellness care for families. This event also included advanced training on the use of the Insight Subluxation Station.
Pampered Chef award goes to area woman
Carol Nunnery of Cape Girardeau received Pampered Chef's Top Performance Cluster Award in three categories at its recent national conference in Chicago. Nunnery was recognized for her achievements in personal sales, personal recruiting and balanced business at the company's national conference in Chicago. In addition to the awards ceremony, conference attendees also received training where they learned to apply business fundamentals to maximize the success of their independent businesses. Pampered Chef is a direct selling company of kitchen tools and entertaining and serving sets.
VerVynck honored for 25 years of service
Magna-Tel Inc., 775 S. Kingshighway in Cape Girardeau, recently honored Dede VerVynck in recognition of her 25 years of service to the company. VerVynck was awarded a gift and recognized by Mary Ann Farmer, president and chief executive officer of the business. Founded in 1959, Magna-Tel manufactures a full line of magnetic and nonmagnetic promotional products.
— From staff reports
People on the Move items must be received by 5 p.m. Thursday to appear Monday. Submit items by e-mail to email@example.com, by fax to 334-7288 or by mail to P.O. Box 699, Cape Girardeau, Mo., 63702.