- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Ray's of Kelso, Plaza by Ray's to change ownership; Fonn to buy enterprise (04/20/16)3
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)6
- Cape council approves nearly $1M in park, sculpture projects with little public discussion (04/22/16)37
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Tanker truck catches fire near Oak Ridge (04/24/16)7
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
Harriet B. Lanigan, 89, of Cape Girardeau died Sunday, Aug. 24, 2008, at Fountainbleau Nursing Home in Cape Girardeau.
She was born Sept. 4, 1918, in St. Louis, daughter of Karl and Susan Sprague Sieber. She and Albert S. Lanigan were married in 1935 at Waterloo, Ill. He died in March 1972.
Lanigan worked for 10 years as a certified nursing assistant for Laclede Grove Nursing Home and was a member of the Hope Lutheran Church in St. Louis.
Survivors include two sons, James Lanigan of Marble Hill, Mo., and Richard Lanigan of Fenton, Mo.; 10 grandchildren; and 10 great-grandchildren.
She was preceded in death by a daughter, three brothers, two sisters and two grandchildren.
Graveside services will be at 11 a.m. Tuesday at Zion Cemetery in St. Louis.