- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)7
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)38
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Man accused of pointing BB gun at Chaffee resident (04/26/16)2
MARBLE HILL, Mo. — Virginia C. Sitze, 91, of Glenallen, Mo., died Sunday, Aug. 24, 2008, at the Eldercare of Marble Hill in Marble Hill.
She was born March 26, 1917, in Glenallen, daughter of Claude and Floe Stilts Vance. She and Rev. Buford Sitze were married July 5, 1941. He died Sept. 2, 2000.
Sitze worked for the hat factory in Marble Hill and for Angelical in Marquand, Mo., as a machine operator. She was a member of the Old Trace Creek Church.
Survivors include a daughter, Delma Farrell of Glenallen; two sisters, Mercelete Kinder of Moro, Ill., and Retha Sitze of Bethalto, Ill.; and a granddaughter.
She was preceded in death by a daughter.
Friends may call from 4 to 8 p.m. Tuesday at Liley Funeral Home in Marble Hill.
Funeral will be at 10 a.m. Wednesday at the funeral home, with the Rev. Fred Ritter officiating. Burial will be in the Old Trace Creek Cemetery.