- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)48
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says copsí good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
What's happening today 8/24/08
SEMO Labor picnic at Cape County Park North
The SEMO Labor picnic will feature barbecue, food and drinks along with a washer tournament, goofy golf, children's fishing tournament, jumping tent and union vs. union tug-of-war tournament. Stewart Acuff, special assistant to President John Sweeney, AFL-CIO will speak on "Employee Free Choice Act." The picnic is from 1 to 5 p.m. at Cape County Park North, pavilions 4 and 5.
Benefit concert in Illinois
A Missouri organist will present a concert to benefit Magnolia Manor in Cairo, Ill. Organist Terry A. Parker of Charleston, Mo., will present a 2:30 p.m. organ concert at the First Presbyterian Church, 1708 Washington Ave., Cairo. The event is free and open to the public. Donations will benefit the upkeep of the Magnolia Manor. For more information about Magnolia Manor and scheduling a tour, call 618-734-0201.