- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)45
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)6
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)36
- Tanker truck catches fire near Oak Ridge (04/24/16)7
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
* Bell City fall league: Registration for the Bell City fall league will take place today from 2 to 4 p.m. at the Bell City school cafeteria. There will be two age divisions -- 8- and 9-year olds and 10- and 11-year olds. The season begins Sept. 20 and ends Oct. 11. Cost: $40, which includes hat, shirt, baseballs and insurance. Info: Scott Nichols, 275-1753 or 722-5759.
* Southeast walk-on tryouts: The Southeast Missouri State baseball program will hold open walk-on tryouts Sept. 3 at Capaha Field. All interested participants must be enrolled at Southeast with at least 12 credit hours. They also must be registered with the NCAA clearinghouse. Players need to arrive at the tryout in baseball attire. Info: 986-6002.
* Adult flag football: Registration is open for the Cape Girardeau Parks and Recreation Department's 11th annual adult flag football league. The league will be comprised of teams in three divisions, and games will be played at Arena Park fields 10 and 11. It will run seven or eight weeks, with teams playing a total of eight regular-season games. Teams will have seven roster spots. There will be a managers meeting Sept. 3 at 6:30 p.m. at the Osage Community Centre. Cost: $225 per team. Info or to register: Parks and Recreation Department, 335-5421.
* Youth tackle league: The Cape Youth Tackle Football registration will take place Saturday at the Osage Community Centre. The league is open to children entering grades 2 to 7, and will teach fundamentals of tackle football. Practices start Sept. 2 and games will be played Sunday afternoons starting Sept. 28 and run through Nov. 2. Registration will run from 9 a.m. to noon Saturday. Cost: $65 for those entering grades 1 and 3; $85 for those entering grades 4 to 7. All equipment is furnished. Info: Troy Vaughn, 334-3479.
* Youth football/cheerleading: The Cape Bible Chapel is accepting registrations for its Upward Flag Football/Cheerleading league for boys and girls in grades kindergarten through 6. Registration is open through Aug. 31. The eight-game season starts Oct. 11, and there will be a one-hour practice each week. All games are held on Tuesday evenings. Player evaluations will be held Sept. 6 at Lynwood Baptist Church. Players in grades kindergarten through 2 will be at 12:30 p.m., while players in grades 3 through 6 will be at 2 p.m. Info or to register: 334-5948.
* Mizzou watch party: The Southeast Missouri Black and Gold chapter of the Mizzou Alumni Association will host a watch party for the Missouri vs. Illinois football game Saturday at Buffalo Wild Wings on William Street. The party begins at 7 p.m. and kickoff is scheduled for 7:30 p.m. Info: Tom Frasher, email@example.com.
* Flag football officials: The Cape Girardeau Parks and Recreation Department is accepting applications for NFL Youth Flag Football officials. Officials will referee games for ages 5 to 14 on Saturday afternoons, starting Sept. 20. Info: Chris Eastridge, 334-2523.
* League registration open: The Cape Girardeau Parks and Recreation Department is accepting teams for the 2008 men's and co-ed fall softball league. The league tentatively is set to start Sept. 8, and games will be played Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday nights at the Shawnee Park Sports Complex. There will be an upper division doubleheader men's league on Friday nights. Teams will be able to use ASA and NSA approved bats on Friday nights only. Deadline: Friday. There will be a managers meeting Sept. 3 at 6:30 p.m. at the Osage Community Centre. Info or to register: Parks and Recreation Department, 334-2523 or 335-5421.
* Trail of Tears Triathlon: The Cape Girardeau Parks and Recreation Department will sponsor the 19th annual Trail of Tears Triathlon on Sept. 13 at Trail of Tears State Park. The race will consist of a half-mile swim, 15-mile bike ride and 4-mile run. Cost: $35 for individuals, $40 for team if registered by Sept. 1; $45 for individuals, $50 for team after Sept. 1. Day of registration will be an additional $5. All non-UTSA members will be required to purchase a one-day membership for $10. Info or to register: Cape Girardeau Parks and Recreation Department, 335-5421.
Submit items by mail, fax or e-mail before noon each Wednesday to be included in the calendar.