- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)49
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says cops’ good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Hopper Road to close for months during construction of Veterans Drive (04/27/16)9
Four-bedroom home is on four acres in Cape Girardeau
Conveniently located near city amenities, this home is on four acres and has features to create a comfortable lifestyle.
The grounds include a circular driveway, 25-by-40-foot detached shed, quality landscaping and an in-ground pool with automatic cover and large concrete patio.
Mainly vinyl, the front porch facade and walk-out area on the lower level create style with stone accented by brick. Impressive banks of windows, a screened-in porch near the pool and space for as many as six vehicles, recreational or otherwise, sets this home apart from others. Custom speakers on the main level and both porches are noteworthy.
A red brick walk and front porch columns enhance the front entrance, which includes a beveled glass front door.
The foyer expands onto a hallway with open staircase followed by the great room, complete with 20-foot-high cathedral ceiling, cherry and marble fireplace and an impressive bank of windows that overlooks the pool. Custom bookshelves and gleaming oak flooring add to the room's ambience.
A loft area with window seat creates an environment with multiple uses.
Three bedrooms on the upper level have neutral carpeting; two have adjoining bathrooms.
A hand-painted jungle mural by local artist Andrea Schneider defines one room. The remaining two bedrooms are decorated in cheerful wallpaper.
Custom woodwork and molding combined with high ceilings give this traditional New England-style home a special elegance.
The 16-by-18-foot dining room with dual entry at the foyer has a ceiling treatment that creates an illusion of depth.
The 22-by-13 1/2-foot kitchen has Jenn-Air appliances, custom cherry cabinets, a double wall oven, a five-burner gas cooktop, decorative backsplash tile and center island.
Besides an eat-in kitchen with breakfast nook, there's an adjoining hearth room. Its stone fireplace and cathedral ceiling create a magnificent space for gathering in a homey atmosphere.
A walk-in pantry and office are off the kitchen. The utility room includes shelves, counter, sink, cabinets and a half bath and is next to the hearth room.
French doors, a fireplace, a bay window with a seat and plenty of shelving in the study on the main level create an organized, relaxed setting. The nearby half bath has an above-the-counter sink mount, decorative vanity and embellished mirror.
The master bedroom and adjoining bathroom have a dual fireplace. A paned glass door with coordinating windows and transoms in the bedroom lets in plenty of light and provides quick access to the pool.
A vaulted ceiling in the bathroom and black marble floor add to the elegance of the room.
An L-shaped vanity, spacious step-in shower with seat, private commode and arched window above the oversized Jacuzzi are in this room. The walk-in closet is divided by shelving into two areas.
Pendant lighting at the bar in the basement adds character to the room. A playroom, full bath, unfinished storage and garage complete the lower level.
335-6611, extension 133